For thirty years, my mother, Claire Mitchel, wrote a widely-read weekly column for the Miami Herald on the life style of senior citizens. She didn’t miss a single week. The week my father died, she said she didn’t feel like writing. I said I felt I had something to say, so I guested, writing this piece for her column.
Posted by jeff on Mar 30, 2012 in Writings
Recent Songs of the Week
- 209: The Real Group: 'Monica Vals' ('Waltz for Debby')
- 208: Vocalocity, 'Is Your Love Big Enough?'
- 207: The Beatles, 'Rocky Raccoon'; and Bob Dylan, 'Frankie Lee and Judas Priest'/'Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts'
- 039: Blind Willie Johnson, ‘Mother’s Children Have a Hard Time’
- 073: Erik Satie, 'Gymnopédie No. 1'
Almost All Categories
Songs of the Week by Artist
Beach Boys Beatles Bill Evans Bob Dylan Brad Mehldau Brian Wilson Buddy Holly Carole King Charles Mingus David Crosby George Harrison Gil Evans J.S. Bach Jackson Browne James Taylor Jeff Meshel John Sebastian Joni Mitchell Kurt Elling Laura Nyro Lee Konitz Lovin' Spoonful Luciana Souza Mal Waldron Maria Schneider Matti Caspi Miles Davis Paul McCartney Paul Simon Randy Newman Ray Charles Rolling Stones Sam Cooke Signon Acher Smokey Robinson & the Miracles Stephen Stills Steve Lacy Sting The Band The Real Group Tim Ries Van Morrison Vocal Line Warne Marsh סגנון אחר